Water in the 21st Century
This Water in the 21st Century student booklet is aimed at students in years 9 and 10. The content is based around scientific challenges and is divided into five units:
- World water - planetary water and availability
- Just add water - economy and equality
- Water for life - human biology and ecosystems
- Water farming - water quality and water recovery
- STEM at work - a career in water sustainability
It links to the Australian Curriculum Science in the following areas:
Science Understandings particularly in year 9 Biological Sciences and year 10 Earth and Space Sciences.
Science Inquiry Skills and the Use and Influence of Science are emphasised throughout.
This STELR module was produced as part of the Southern Cross University Project Inspiring Science and Mathematics Education and was partially funded by the Australian Government Department of Education through the Australian Maths and Science Partnerships Program.
The Water in the 21st Century Teachers' resource can be downloaded here.