You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Renewable Energy program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Wednesday, 29 August, 2018
Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Venue: St Pius X High School, Park Avenue, Adamstown, NSW, 2289. Map
Bookings: Please email STELR.firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 August 2018.
Inquiries: Peter Pentland - phone: 03 9864 0906, email: email@example.com
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR Renewable Energy program
- Contents of the STELR Renewable Energy equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- Introduction to the STELR Sustainable Housing Program.
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project