You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Sustainable Housing program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Wednesday, 30th May 2018
Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm (refreshments available from 9.30am)
Venue: ATSE Office, Level 6, 436 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne Map
Bookings: Please email STELR.firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 22nd May 2018.
Inquiries: Pennie Stoyles - phone: 03 9864 0905, email: email@example.com
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR Sustainable Housing program
- Contents of the STELR Sustainable Housing equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – designing energy-efficient houses – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project