You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Renewable Energy program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Tuesday, 5 June, 2018
Time: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Venue: Riverstone High School, 71 McCulloch St, Riverstone, NSW, 2765. Map
Bookings: Please email STELR.email@example.com before 28 May 2018.
Inquiries: Peter Pentland - phone: 03 9864 0906, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR Renewable Energy program
- Contents of the STELR Renewable Energy equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- Introduction to the STELR Sustainable Housing Program.
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project