You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Renewable Energy program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Tuesday, 20th March 2018
Time: 9.00am - 3.00pm
Venue: Governor Stirling Senior High School, 25 Third Avenue, Woodbridge, WA, 6056. Map
Bookings: Please email STELR.firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 13 March 2018.
Inquiries: Pennie Stoyles - phone: 03 9864 0905, email: email@example.com
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR Renewable Energy program
- Contents of the STELR Renewable Energy equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- Introduction to the STELR Sustainable Housing Program.
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project