You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Renewable Energy program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Monday, 5th March 2018
Time: 9.00am - 3.00pm
Venue: Tenison Woods College, Shepherdson Rd, Mt Gambier, SA, 5290. Map
Bookings: Please email STELR.email@example.com before Monday 26 February 2018.
Inquiries: Pennie Stoyles - phone: 03 9864 0905, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR Renewable Energy program
- Contents of the STELR Renewable Energy equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- Introduction to the STELR Sustainable Housing Program.
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities, heating and cooling, sustainable house design – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project