You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Sustainable Housing program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Wednesday, 24th May 2017
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Venue: Centralian Middle School, 56 Milner Road, Gillen, NT 0870 Map
Presenter: Dr Greg Smith, Senior Lecturer in Education, CDU and STELR Mentor for NT
Bookings: Please email STELR.email@example.com before 11 May 2017.
Inquiries: Pennie Stoyles - phone: 03 9864 0905, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR program
- Science as Inquiry
- STEM principles
- Implementation of the STELR Renewable Energy program
- Energy transfer and transformation activities
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities – using the STELR equipment
- Implementation of the STELR Sustainable Housing program
- CO2 – Friend or Foe – hands-on activities with carbon dioxide