You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Sustainable Housing program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Thursday, 9th March 2017
Time: 3:30pm to 5:45pm
Venue: Emmanuel College, Mc Auley Campus, 37 Ardlie Street, Warrnambool, Vic 3280. Map
Bookings: Please email STELR.email@example.com before 7 March 2017.
Inquiries: Peter Pentland - phone: 03 9864 0906, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR program
- Contents of the STELR Sustainable Housing equipment pack
- Overview of the STELR Sustainable Housing curriculum materials
- Teaching transfer of energy concepts – convection, conduction and radiation in the housing context
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshop using the STELR equipment
- iSTELR demonstration – web-based delivery of this program and other modules such as Climate Change and Oceans and Renewable Energy.