STELR Mentor, John Christensen, will be travelling to outback, northern Queensland to run STELR Professional Learning workshops for schools in the area.
You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Renewable Energy program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Tuesday 23 Feb 2016 - Mt Isa
Wednesday 24 Feb 2016 - Cloncurry
Thursday 25 Feb 2016 - Normanton
Bookings: Please email STELR.firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 February 2016.
Inquiries: Pennie Stoyles - phone: 03 9864 0905, email: email@example.com
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR program
- Contents of the STELR equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR project curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project
- iSTELR demonstration – web-based delivery of this program and other modules such as Global Warming and Oceans and Sustainable Housing