You are invited to attend this hands-on workshop for teachers implementing the STELR Renewable Energy program in their schools and those wanting to try out the equipment and activities.
Date: Monday, 16th October 2017
Venue: Kingston State College, 62 - 84 Bega Road, Kingston, Qld 4114. Map
Bookings: Preliminary notice. As this date is one of the Queensland Education Department's designated Staff Professional Development Days, you may like to mark it in your diary now. Booking information will become available in Term 1, 2017.
Inquiries: Pennie Stoyles - phone: 03 9864 0905, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program includes the following topics:
- Introduction to the STELR program
- Contents of the STELR equipment pack
- Implementation of the STELR program using the teacher and student books
- Overview of the STELR project curriculum materials
- Teaching energy concepts
- Energy transformation activities
- The principles of inquiry-based science education
- Hands-on workshops – solar, wind and hydroelectricity activities – using the STELR equipment
- Assessment in the STELR project
- iSTELR demonstration – web-based delivery of this program and other modules such as Global Warming and Oceans and Sustainable Housing