Awards of $5000 each are on offer across six categories in this year’s Peter Doherty Awards for Excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education. The Peter Doherty awards recognise students, teachers, schools (both state and non-state), volunteers, mentors and organisations that demonstrate an outstanding and innovative contribution to STEM education in Queensland.
2018 marks the 15th year of the awards named after Professor Peter Doherty, a Brisbane-born Nobel Prize-winning scientist who was educated at Indooroopilly State High School and the University of Queensland.
Students can nominate themselves or schools can nominate students on their behalf.
Awards are offered across the following six categories:
- Outstanding Senior STEM Student Awards
- Outstanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Senior STEM Student Awards
- Outstanding Teacher of STEM Awards
- Outstanding STEM Support Officer Awards
- STEM Education Partnership Awards
- Outstanding School STEM Awards
Nominations are now open and close COB Monday 26 March 2018. Winners will be announced at the awards presentation ceremony on Friday 10 August 2018. For more information on how to apply click here.