Climate change is caused by global warming. Global warming is the term describing the gradual increase in the average temperature at the Earth’s surface that has occurred over the past century or so.
The melting of Arctic ice is one consequence of global warming. Other consequences include more extreme weather events in Australia and around the world.
You can watch the STELR video: Global Warming, Cold Facts, Hot Science
Here are some questions to discuss:
- What do you think climate change is?
- What causes it?
- Why is climate change a hot issue?
- What will climate change mean for us as we get older?
- How will it affect people in other countries?
- Is there anything we can do about it?
- What do we need to know before we can make decisions?
- How reliable is information you find on the web?
Here are some resources that will help you find out about more about this hot issue.
Evidence of Global Warming click here
Global Warming - Likely Consequences click here
Greenhouse Effect – Natural and Enhanced click here
Cycling Greenhouse Gases click here